Return to the blog entry.
- Austin, C.  Wildland firefighter health risks and respiratory protection. http://www.irsst.qc.ca/media/documents/PubIRSST/R-572.pdf. Date accessed July 10, 2012.
- Britton. . Risk factors for injury among federal wildland firefighters in the United States [dissertation]. Athens, Ohio: University of Ohio, College of Public Health.
- Dembe, A. et.al,. . The impact of overtime and long work hours on occupational injuries and illnesses: new evidence from the United States, Occup Environ Med 62:588-597.
- Harrison R, Materna BL, & Rothman N. . Respiratory health hazards and lung function in wildland firefighters. Occup Med 10(4):857-70.
- Kiefer, M., and Mangen, D. . Wildland firefighter injuries in Idaho and Montana – Fire Season 2000. http://www.blackbull-wildfire.com/Pubs/NIOSHWildfireInjuryReport.pdf. Date accessed: July 7, 2012.
- National Interagency Fire Center. [2012a]. Incident management situation report. http://www.nifc.gov/nicc/sitreprt.pdf. Date accessed: July 13, 2012
- National Interagency Fire Center. [2012b] Total wildfires and acres, 1960-2011. http://www.nifc.gov/fireInfo/fireInfo_stats_totalFires.html. Date accessed: July 11, 2012.
- Reinhardt, T., and Ottmar, R. . Baseline Measurements of Smoke Exposure Among Wildland Firefighters. J Occup Environ Hyg 1(9):593-606
- Ryerson, M. . Telephone conversation on May 11, 2011 between M. Ryerson, Safety Manager at the Bureau of Land Management, and the Chair of the Risk Management Committee, National Wildfire Coordinating Group, United States Department of the Interior.
- United States Fire Administration. . Firefighter Fatalities in the United States, 2001-2010. https://apps.usfa.fema.gov/publications. Date accessed: June 29, 2012.